We are seeking a dedicated undergraduate student to serve as an undergraduate teaching assistant for BIO 322, Conservation of Biodiversity, offered in person on the Tempe campus during Fall Semester 2018. This student must be available to attend the class, which meets in Hayden Library on T/Th from 4:00-5:30 pm. The undergraduate TA will be expected to:
- Assist the instructors with development and implementation of in-class and out-of-class active-learning activities, including technology.
- Meet with students to assist with mastery/understanding of content and assignments
- Provide feedback to instructors about student learning
Start/End dates, Hours, and Compensation
Dates: 8/9/18- 11/30/18
Hours: 10 hrs/wk
- Completed BIO 322 Conservation of Biodiversity with a B or higher
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Positive, friendly attitude
- Previous experience in leadership, teaching, or science communication
- Previous experience in a conservation-related field (for example, ecological research, conservation-related writing/social media, employment, internship, or volunteer experience, etc.)
- Financial need, as demonstrated through eligibility for federal work study
- Email Sharon J. Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, with a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts. In your cover letter, indicate whether or not you are eligible for federal work study. Once the official job advertisement is posted, we will direct you to the link to apply online.